We are looking for Machine Learning Research Engineers with strong quantitative and critical thinking who will be responsible for building and testing predictive models, running machine learning algorithms, and performing data-driven forecasting.
The Machine Learning Research Engineer will engage in the design and creation of models and simulations. The incumbent will contribute her/his field and unique perspective to research and development efforts that integrate and advance the state of the art in computational science and behavioral forecasting. The successful candidate will engage in executing the research agenda that will involve building predictive models for various types of data.
The incumbent will be able to work in a fast-paced environment, and have excellent oral and written communication skills. She/he will be able to lead and implement advanced analytics projects, collaborate with internal and external colleagues, and have keen attention to detail.
- Make data-driven forecasts using machine learning algorithms and statistical models,
- Build and apply mathematical models to describe the human decision-making process across a range of areas,
- Work on developing state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms,
- Build predictive models using machine learning algorithms,
- Participate in data mining using up-to-date methods,
- Process, analyze, interpret, and visualize large amounts of information using data visualization techniques,
- Run models and simulations to predict the outcomes of complex interactions,
- Conduct research, utilizing public and private sources of information to collect, record, analyze and evaluate facts,
- Conduct data collection, database creation, process a variety of data, structured and unstructured, sophisticated data analysis,
- Produce clear and concise written reports documenting the methodology used to conduct and analyze studies,
- Summarize project results,
- Prepare progress reports, briefs, dashboards, other articles, reports, and presentations for senior management review,
- Be an active, willing and cooperative team player,
- Be prepared to develop independent research projects.
- Master's degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, economics/econometrics, or data science with a strong quantitative background,
- Ability to perform statistical analysis, create and run mathematical models,
- Ability to manipulate large, complex data sets using a variety of software such as Python, R, etc.,
- Knowledge of machine learning algorithms (Bagging, Boosting, Neural Networks, etc.),
- At least two years of recent experience in an applied research/modeling environment,
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects, reason analytically, and work effectively with people possessing different levels of technical knowledge is required,
- Ability to work independently, and as a part of the team,
- Knowledge of business processes and excellent critical thinking skills,
- Proven skills in communicating scientific results orally and in writing to different audiences,
- Excellent level of English, both written and spoken.
All interested candidates are kindly requested to submit their CVs by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online. Please indicate the title of the position “Machine Learning Research Engineer” in the subject line of your e-mail.
FAST is grateful to all interested applicants; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.