Foundation for Armenian Science and Technology (FAST) designed the SciNova program aimed at creating a curriculum on "Research Design and Science Commercialization''. The curriculum introduces Masters and Ph.D. students to the basics of conducting quality research and creating commercial value from scientific inventions. In the first half of 2021, the curriculum was developed and piloted at the Armenian National Agricultural University (ANAU). In addition, training of trainers (ToTs) for a broader audience of academic staff was organized with the participation of key Armenian higher education institutions that provide STEM education. The scale-up of the program anticipates integration of the academic course into STEM-focused academic programs in those HEIs.
This program is implemented jointly with Aston University within the framework of the Creative Spark: Higher Education Enterprise Programme funded by the British Council.
Within the SciNova program, a bilingual (English and Armenian) course manual on "Research Design and Science Commercialization'' is needed to be developed to ensure continuity of the program and smooth integration of the courses into academic programs of the Armenian HEIs. The manual will include practical assignments and activities, and will be based on two separate sections “Research Design'' and “Science Commercialization” developed for University instructors to deliver the course to Master and/or Ph.D. students. The manual should be tailored to the needs and profile of the local target audience, as well as localized as much as necessary to ensure the program outcomes.
FAST is looking for a specialist for developing a Course Manual on the “Science Commercialization” module learning outcomes described here.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Review and improve the content of the already developed curriculum for “Science Commercialization” and make adjustments to ensure coherence of the topics and that they lead to the achievement of the defined learning outcomes.
- Explore and include student-centered activities and active learning methodologies to support practical instruction of the module.
- Explore through and identify more knowledge and resources on the subject, keep proper references of all material cited.
- Identify and collaborate with additional specialists from the entrepreneurial sector, if needed, to provide input and feedback to the revision of the curriculum and manual.
Core Competencies & Qualifications:
- At least a Master's degree in business, entrepreneurship, STEM-related field, or any other relevant discipline.
- At least 5 years of prior instructional experience in the relevant field of higher education
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in developing curriculum and teaching materials (proven previous experience in developing instructional manuals will be plus)Excellent writing, editing skills in English and/or Armenian.
All interested candidates are kindly requested to submit their CVs by e-mail to email@example.com Please indicate the title of the position “Manual Development Specialist - “Science Commercialization” in the subject line of your email. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.