We are looking for Machine Learning Team Lead, who can provide technical leadership to the team and can translate end-users requirements to technical specifications. You will oversee a team of Engineers and junior Engineers to design, develop and support the Machine Learning solution for our fintech startup "8nook".
The successful candidate will engage in leading the research agenda that will involve building predictive models for various types of data.
- Develop models and train them,
- Set department objectives,
- Hire, promote, motivate, train and incentivize the team
- Architect, build, maintain, and improve new and existing suite of algorithms and their underlying systems,
- Implement end-to-end solutions for batch and real-time algorithms along with requisite tooling around monitoring, logging, automated testing, performance testing, and A/B testing,
- Utilize your entrepreneurial spirit to identify new opportunities to optimize business processes and improve consumer experiences, and prototype solutions to demonstrate value with a crawl, walk, run mindset,
- Work closely with data scientists and analysts to create and deploy new product features,
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for data analyses, model development, validation and implementation,
- Oversee the developing state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms,
- Knowledge sharing with the team to adopt best practices,
- Actively contribute to and re-use community best practices.
- Summarize project results,
- Prepare progress reports, briefs, dashboards, other articles, reports, and presentations for senior management review,
- Be an active, willing and cooperative team player,
- Be prepared to develop independent research projects.
- Master's degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, economics/econometrics, or data science with a strong quantitative background,
- Ability to perform statistical analysis, create and run mathematical models,
- Ability to manipulate large, complex data sets using a variety of software such as Python, R, etc.,
- Knowledge of machine learning algorithms (Bagging, Boosting, Neural Networks, etc.),
- 4+ years experience developing and deploying machine learning systems into production,
- Industry experience building innovative end-to-end Machine Learning systems,
- Ability to quickly prototype ideas and solve complex problems by adapting creative approaches,
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects, reason analytically, and work effectively with people possessing different levels of technical knowledge is required,
- Ability to work independently, and as a part of the team,
- Knowledge of business processes and excellent critical thinking skills,
- Proven skills in communicating scientific results orally and in writing to different audiences,
- Excellent level of English, both written and spoken.
All interested candidates are kindly requested to submit their CVs by e-mail to email@example.com Please indicate the title of the position “ ML Team Lead” in the subject line of your e-mail.
FAST is grateful to all interested applicants; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.
About the company
8nook is a well-funded US-based startup establishing its R&D arm in Armenia. This is the coming revolution in AI applications for credit underwriting that utilizes the most state-of-the-art AI algorithms and insights from behavioral science. The technological solution unfolds in three main waves of algorithmic pipelines. We provide an end-to-end coverage of the loan scoring and portfolio allocation process from data selection, pre-processing, and transformation to loan default predictions through an ensemble of supervised and unsupervised learning algorithms, and all the way to the final decisions on portfolio allocation based on deep reinforcement learning.